Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Art of Swaddling

This is Tye's last post before turning control of the blog back over to Stacey. Stacey shot this video clip at the hospital before she came home on Friday. It was kind of boring at first, so when I was bored I found a moviemaking program that allowed me to speed it up. Make sure your volume is turned up when you watch it. Our dialogue is so stupid, but sped up it is very funny. We just watched this video like 10 times in a row and couldn't stop laughing. Maybe we are just vain, but we think you will find it funny too. Anyway, enjoy the video, and Stacey should have a "coming home" blog posted shortly.


6 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it and I am totally laughing too! You are becoming the swaddling pro Tye :) And that Mason looks delicious--so tiny and cute--oh I need to mush him!

Heidi said...

Hilarious!

Max could always get out of that swaddle so I learned a super tricky swaddle with Max. I am going to teach it to mom today so she can show you guys in case Mason tries to escape that swaddle.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see more updates!!!

I can't stop laughing at the movie. Swaddling is not the most fascinating activity but you sure made it entertaining!

And I am glad that Heidi is going to show mom the tricky swaddle so that she can teach it to you when she gets there. Babies get out of the basic swaddle once they start growing and stretching so knowing this other trick will be helpful in keeping Mason wrapped up.

I LOVE holding swaddled babies. Yum.

Carrie said...

Heid does know a tricky swaddle if Mason wiggles his arms free and then gets sad being unswaddled. But that seems to start happening after a few months have passed--not right away.

With Livs, I used big swaddling blankets and they worked fantastically--just did the same old swaddle but with a huge blanket there is tons to wrap around and tuck in tight so baby can't squirm free (and I gave you guys some of those at Stacey's shower so you can try them out when you need to.)

Bobbi said...

Tye, you still make us laugh! Making swaddling entertaining--you should put it on U-tube! How fun to see you guys being such good parents, and that you are helping Stacey so much.

Heidi said...

For Max it was right away- he was an escape artist master from about week two!! You may or may not need to use the tricky swaddle though for a while. Have fun with mom!