Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kid Quotes from Christmas Vacation

Posted by Tye

Maddie to a cousin of hers at the Christmas party: “Merry Christmas. Thank you for coming.” (As if she were hosting the party. We didn’t actually hear this one but Grandma Bobbi told us about it and we have repeated it to each other so many times it seems like we heard it).


Bentley in the car ride from the airport to the Christmas party: “My Mom and Dad don’t know, but I have really messy poos.” (Something tells me his Mom and Dad know all about Bentley’s messy poos).


Max after overhearing me tell Heidi about the funny coincidence of Stacey’s OBGYN being named Dr. Jew, while Mason’s pediatrician is an actual Jew. First Max said “Jew!” and then I said “You’re not a Jew Max,” to which he replied, “You’re Jew!” Disclaimer: It should be noted that we have nothing but respect for the Jewish people.


And our absolute favorite that Stacey and I say to each other every day for some reason –

Caroline after Stacey told her that Maddie was coming to the cabin later that day: “Why did you tell me that?”


Bentley’s enthusiastic response to me telling him that I can’t wait until Mason is 5 so that I can buy him race car tracks: “You don’t have to wait until he’s 5, you can get that for him when he’s 4 or 3!” So I said, “What about when he’s 2?” to which Bentley replied “Yeah, but not Legos. He can’t have legos if he’s just 2.”


Does anyone remember anymore?

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love that you got these all on "paper". They would be forgotten if they weren't written down. The little kids are so entertaining! I don't remember any other gems.

Heidi said...

O man good times, in a few years you will be able to make a list of hilarious quotes purely by Mason.

Carrie said...

Hilarious! I love that you guys quote these to each other too :) Thanks for sharing--I didn't know the Max story or about Cares saying "why did you tell me that?" She is classic.

Can't wait for Mason's little phrases!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! I didn't know about any of them and I am so glad you recorded them for all of us. Many kid quotes find their way into our daily use but it is cute that you guys are quoting them as well! Kids are funny.

Maybe next time we see you, Eth and Will can sing you one of their many made-up songs about poo. Good times.